Is think! better than thinkThin?

We have covered the brand thinkThin twice here on The Chocolate Cult so I was curious, is think! the same company just rebranded? Yes, yes it is. So today we're going to look at the same two flavors we tested here to see if they have done more than merely change their name and adjusted their labels. Have they improved their products? As before, I got these two bars for free using my Kroger loyalty card but no company expects this review.

The Brownie Crunch bar looks very similar to what we covered twice before. This time the smell though is more brownie like, lots of cocoa but also a lot of sweetness when I bring it up to my nose. It is slightly crunchier but still not as crunchy as I'd hoped. The cocoa flavor is more dry than chocolatey which is odd but the coating isn't waxy this time, it has some chocolatey flavor to it. This is an improvement to the previous bar we tested in 2018 but it isn't good enough to really solve a chocolate craving.

The Chocolate Fudge Bar has a different color on the wrapper making flavors easier to tell apart than the previous branding labels were. When I take it out of the wrapper I get a cocoa scent but it isn't as strong as in the Brownie Crunch bar which is curious because in theory this should be more chocolatey. Look at the photo, it looks more chocolatey, doesn't it, based on color and the fact that there are no other visible ingredients. When I take a bite I immediately notice the texture -- fudgy but not sticky. The chocolate flavor is weaker than in the previous version of this flavor by thinkThin. It isn't sweet or bitter, it isn't much of any flavor which is deeply disappointing.

The brand name and the wrappers have changed but so have the bars. I like the packaging better because of the bolder colors and the different colors for different flavor. The bars themselves are mixed in terms of whether they are improved, left the same, or made less tasty.

Comments