How to Celebrate National Chocolate Milkshake Day in Pittsburgh

Today is National Chocolate Milkshake Day!


I found some awesome milkshakes on a recent trip but the best was one from The Milkshake Factory in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This was one of six places where I came across chocolatey treats during a trek around the Cultural district and nearby areas in Pittsburgh. The shop actually gave me the milkshake for free so in exchange, I am giving them this full review as well as a mention in the On the Road article. No other form of compensation was received for this objective review.


There are seven locations for The Milkshake Factory and I went to the Downtown Pittsburgh at the Tower at PNC Plaza on 314 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 in the United States. If if you stay in a hotel on the North Shore (like we did) or downtown itself it is an relatively easy walk.



As you can see it looks very bright and modern inside. There is more than milk shakes that you can buy in the store but I got their specialty as I try to do when I visit any shop.




I ordered The Chocolatier Gourmet MilkShake and you can see what is in it with this shot from the menu. It was amazing! Very thick ice cream and even though the brownies and mini chocolate chips were small they sometimes got stuck in the straw but I just kept stirring and stirring to make it easier until the end. At the end, I just let the last solid pieces slide down the cup and into my mouth.









Of course, none of the milkshake could have happened without the care of the lady who made it as you can see below.


Let me know if you you have visited The MilkShake Factory and what you thought of it.

Comments