Russell Stover Shop Stop Over in WV

Russell Stover Shop in Cabela, WV
I got lucky the first evening of my most recent trip and discovered a Russell Stover store in Triadelphia, West Virginia. While I've seen Russell Stover candies and chocolates for years in stores, there weren't any in Iowa where I grew up or in currently in the area of Indiana where I now live. So we had to stop in to check it out. The evening staff person in charge gave us some of their Molasses Chews in Dark Chocolate for free and so they get this feature article so you can all check them out; no other form of compensation was received and the staff didn't know that giving me free chocolate equals a post centered solely on them and their products.

Let's first look at the Molasses Chew in Dark Chocolate. It has a nice strong chocolate fragrance to it. It is indeed sticky so I couldn't easier break off or pull off a part so I pulled a bit so you could see the inside. However when I bit into the chew it was softer and it didn't stick to my teeth or my permanent retainer. At first the only flavor I got was the dark chocolate but with each chew the molasses came out stronger but never overcome the dark chocolate. The result was a wonderful treat, Sacrament Worthy, and the right size to enjoy or give as a treat.

The store itself is big. Right when we walked in we could tell they were busy setting out treats for Halloween. In fact, the evening staff told me that the truck  had just arrived that day so not everything was out. Below you can see some of the Halloween and fall displays.


The one staff member gave me a little tour. One of the cool things about stopping at big brand candy or chocolate maker's store is that you can find deals and products you may not be able to find elsewhere. Here you can find discounted boxes of treats from holidays past as well as boxes of slightly off products meaning that many they were a bit oddly shaped or in this case that the company is changing box styles so the older styles are on discount.


Something that I found were these four summer time treats so I bought them to try out as well so this article. We have the Summer Dream in the Peanut Butter Fluff flavor; there were two other flavors but they didn't sound as good to me. Then the S'Mores in milk chocolate, the Caramel S'Mores, and the Dark Chocolate S'Mores. I tried the Summer Dream first and it was not what I expected -- the marshmallow part is stickier than I thought and the peanut butter a bit sweeter but it was still pretty good though I think I would prefer it in a darker chocolate.

The staff member who showed me around the shop, said he like to pop the S'Mores into the microwave for like 4-5 second to soften up the marshmallow so I gave that a try. Just 4 seconds was all I needed for this affect you see. The marshmallow is very sticky, I had to clean my hands and mouth off when I was done. The milk chocolate one is okay but the chocolate isn't as strong as in a regular campfire or homemade s'more. The dark chocolate one has a much stronger chocolate flavor so I recommend that one. The caramel one was tried by my traveling companion who said this was one of the best s'mores he's ever had.


The store is located at 5 Cabela Drive in Triadelphia, West Virginia, right off of I-70 so it is fairly easy to find. If you have more time than we did and bigger tummies, check out the ice cream please and let me know how that was. If you have been there also leave a comment and let me know what you thought.

Comments