Summer 2019 Chocolate Finds Part II

Your chocolate priestess was honored to teach again at MsC, a conference for folks who live an alternative lifestyle. I was so busy that my plans to find chocolate around the D.C beltway almost failed. But you know me, if there is chocolate, I will find it.

Before we even got to D.C. we stopped at a hotel about half way in the Triadelphia, West Virginia area. There we found a Russell Stover shop. I've seen this brand everywhere but I have never seen a storefront so we had to stop.


The conference was at the Westin Tysons Corner and their buffets that they had set up for breakfast and lunch has some chocolate treats. I didn't take photos though expect twice. The first was of this amazing Lava Cake dessert that was far more than I expected it to be from the Blu Bar and Lounge in the restaurant.


I took photos of the treats at the final dinner for all of the folks who made the conference work because it was the first meal where I didn't feel pressured by time.


We visited friends in College Park and they suggested we all get dinner at one of their favorite restaurants, Silver Diner- Greenbelt. Three of the four of us got milkshakes but I forgot to take a photo. Not to worry because one friend got a birthday dessert, Brownie Decadence, that included by chocolate ice cream and a walnut chocolate brownie.


The Original Velatis was the first thing my smartphone found when I was visiting friends in College Park, Maryland recently. It isn't in College Park but in nearby Silver Spring. The shop does not have it's own parking but we found some on-street parking a block and a half away that costs $2 for 2 hours which was more than plenty of time. The shop was a lot smaller than I expected by everything looked great and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I bought this 5 mini-truffle pack because damn their products are pricey at $3 per regular sized truffle.


Next time we are out this way, I'm going to try and find more chocolatey goodies so leave me comments and let me know what to look for. And if you are chocolate or candy maker and seller in the D.C. beltway and want to be featured on The Chocolate Cult, let me know and we can work that out.

Comments