Large Crunch Options for Halloween

For in several English speaking countries, October 31st will be Halloween. Every year since this blog was founded in 2009, we've had our Halloween Treat Challenge so that all of us who celebrate the spooky holiday can learn about great chocolate treats we could give out to trick or treaters or also enjoy at Halloween parties. Today I want to look at the large candy bar option of Nestlé Crunch because I got one for free at my local Kroger's recently. No brand or company expect me to review this so it is not part of the Challenge even though I am sharing it during this Halloween contest period.

Nestlé Crunch Bar Front and Back
I noticed first that the wrapper has been updated to emphasis the "100% Real Milk Chocolate." Given the ingredients list, that seems to be correct. The entire bar has 230 calories and but off to the side of the nutritional information is the calories for 1/4 of the bar which is set up in four sections as you can see. You can also see the amount of crisped rice in this photo as well and that demonstrates just how crunchy it should be. And it is that crunchy! The flavor is much what I expected given my past experience with this candy bar. The scent is strongly cocoa with that hint of rice underneath. The four sections break apart easily if you want to share. Basically for a candy bar, this is great if you like milk chocolate and crispy rice.

Large candy bars are not something I'd give out to the average trick or treaters at our place but I might get a couple for each family member to enjoy while we are welcoming the 200+ visitors we'll see at house that night. What about you? Would you enjoy these or give these out for Halloween this year?

Comments