Are You Ready for National Oreo Day?

Today is National Oreo Cookie Day!

To mark it, I want to look at some Oreo varieties I've tried in the past year that I'd never had before. Some of these were freebies from Kroger or Amazon Vine and some were simply on sale when I had a coupon; I'm put a notice on each of how I got my hands on them. You? You need to leave me a comment and let me know what new types of Oreos you've found in the past year, too.

Maybe you are a long time lover of Oreos and you always have some on hand, great.

But if you don't have any on hand, the variety of Oreos on the market might feel overwhelming. 



Mint Creme Fudge Covered Oreo
     This was an Amazon Vine offer in exchange for my review on their website; they were not expecting this added article One of the downsides of ordering any type of food online is that it can be damaged in the transport and with chocolate, this can include temperature and humidity changes. In this case, one of the cookie broke apart but conveniently it broke between the two cookies so I could easily show you the green filling inside. The mint is strong and even gets through the covered, unbroken cookies though that smell is more intense when it is open. Cocoa processed with Alkali, Cocoa, and Chocolate are far down on the ingredient list. For those of us who are eco-conscious this also uses palm oil. For folks with allergies there is wheat, milk, and soy.

     As expected from the ingredients list, the cookie parts do indeed taste like cookies and the mint is nice and cool but the coating is definitely waxy in its feel. Honestly, I'm not impressed and prefer the mint Oreos without this covering them. Plus that coating adds a lot of calories so that one cookie equals 120 calories.

Today we are going to look at the new Oreo Double Stuf Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, 3 Family Size Pack (20 Oz.), 3-Count that you could order or perhaps find in stores near you. I was sent this three pack via the Amazon Vine program for a review on their website; this is a bonus for them and no other compensation was given to me for sharing my experiences with you all today.


The cookies appear to me to be the same size as regular Oreos and I remember when the Double Stuf was quite larger. I've zoomed in on one to show you the stuff inside and I will say it does look to be thicker but I'm not sure it is double. Each cookie is 70 calories and 10.5 carbs which is mostly sugar -- let that sink in. These are not snacking cookies but ones you'll want to exercise self-control with. That might be difficult if, like me, you grew up with Oreos. The cookie is what I want from a Double Stuf Oreo -- strong cocoa flavor, crunchy cookie, super sweet vanilla edged filling. So if you like the stuff inside the Oreo, this would be a great choice to celebrate today's #funfoodholiday.

I can't mention this in my Amazon review because they will mark it as unfair to the product but here on my blog, I will tell you all the truth. Getting something like Oreos shipped to you is risky a lot of broken cookies. Just in this opened section of one of the three containers you can see broken cookies. Each of the three packs had broken cookies in it. A ton of crumbles that you saw above almost covered the stuff inside that should be starkly white. Honestly, if you want these cookies, look for them in a store and just pick them up to eat or take home with you.

Comments