Peanut Butter Powder Cookie Recipe Testing

Today is National Peanut Butter Cookie Day and that seems like a great time to use up more of the peanut butter powder I was sent from . I used it earlier this year and you can find that article here. I found today's recipe for testing from another blogger and you can find the recipe here. My plan was to make two batches -- one that was plain and one that would also include chocolate chips because this is The Chocolate Cult after all, right?

The first thing I noticed is that the recipe resulted in cookies that were too moist and if you know anything about peanut butter cookies, they can't be soft or they won't hold the hash pattern on the top correctly. I added in more peanut butter powder but not more flour because the point of peanut butter cookies is to taste like peanut butter, right. I also baked them for two minutes longer.

Let me show you how both batches turned out.

Here are the plain peanut butter cookies.


Here are the ones that I added mini chocolate chips to.


Comments