2020 Brown County Chocolate Walk Still a Go!

In just four months, on November 14, 2020, the Chocolate Walk which benefits the Brown County Humane Society is scheduled to happen. This will be the first year in over a decade that I will not be attending for health care and pandemic reasons. However, I spoke with my contact at the BCHS, Jane Weatherford, to learn about the event and what they are planning to do so that all of you who have attended this charity walk and chocolate eating delight in the past, can make your own decision for this year.

The Chocolate Walk is planned for Saturday, November 14, 2020.

Place: Nashville, Indiana

Time: 10am to 5pm

Tickets: $25 if bought by Halloween, October 31, 2020
              $30 if bought November 1-14, 2020

How to Get Your Tickets:
     --> Pick them up in person the day of the event. Note this tends to be a long and crowded ling.
     --> Extra Fee to have them mailed to you in advance.

How Many Chocolate Stops?
          When I spoke with Jane in July 2020, they had 33 shops participating.

What if the Chocolate Walk must be canceled due to county or state law and the pandemic?
          Jane told me that while they will offer refunds, they will also ask people to just consider this a donation to the Brown County Humane Society. The BCHS really depends on the is fundraiser to help them do wonderful work with abandoned pets by finding them homes, taking care of their health, and helping new pet owners. Without this fundraiser, the BCHS would lose an entire month worth of operating costs which would endanger pet lives.

I can't tell you just a blog writer what to do. But I hope our information helps you make the best decision for you about the BCHS Chocolate Walk this year.

I want there to be a safe and widely used vaccine so I can go back and walk for my chocolate in the future.

Comments