Get Your Oatmeal in Bar Form

Happy National Oatmeal Day 2020!

Today we're going to look at another Clif Bar and hope it tastes better than this brand has in the past. We are looking at the Chocolate Chip variety made with organic rolled oats. I got this bar free months back (when I tested it) as part of The Chocolate Walk which I've been writing and attending for years now. Let's focus immediately on the bar itself. The ingredient list is quite telling. While the oats and chocolate chips are the focus on the front wrapper, the first ingredient is organic brown rice syrup then the organic oats while chocolate is the 8th ingredient. The entire bar, which is one serving, has 250 calories made of 38 grams of carbs. 

Looking at the bar unwrapped I note the lack of chocolate chips. The scent is that strong brown rice syrup scent followed by generic grainlike fragrance; no hint of chocolate. The bar is firm and not sticky when I take a bite and chew it. The flavor is overwhelmingly sweet so I try to get a section with mostly chocolate but even then our beloved chocolate's flavor is hidden. So disappointing that it isn't worth the calories to me so I eat only 1/8th of the bar and look for something with better chocolate and less sweet.

I keep giving Clif Bar a chance and I keep being disappointed.

I know some of you love it so tell me I'm wrong in a comment or agree with me.

Comments