Save Your Sanity with Fine Chocolates , Part 1

Sanity Saver Chocolate Box, Dallmann

2020 has been a rough year for The Chocolate Cult and for hundreds of chocolate makers out there. Many brands have been pulling back from blog outreach and I've been so busy with my job and my new book, that I haven't been as proactive in reaching out to new brands. Thus I was thrilled when the folks from Dallmann Confections reached out to me via this blog. Could they send us a sample to try and then write about for you all? Of course! They sent us this "Sanity Saver" 16-piece chocolate box. I was impressed from the moment it arrived. I'll get into the specific soon but for now, what do you think of this box? No other form of compensation was received in exchange for me (and some assistants) testing out the chocolate box and sharing our honest experiences with you today.


Opening up the box I noticed a couple of things that made this one a class above most of the other similar products we've looked at over the years. First the box has magnets that ensure it will close properly and stay closed. This will help ensure the freshness of the bonbons inside of it. The black ribbon I saved because I think it will be lovely in my hair or as a bow on some gift. The rest of the box looks like it can be recycled in our local community program. Remember save the Earth because it is the only planet we know of where cocoa trees can be grown and we need them for our Chocolate!


I am not the biggest fan of boxes of chocolate. With a family full of food allergies and intolerances such an item can look good but be dangerous for us. But this came with a "Flavour Guide" that is a full-color, tri-folded pamphlet with the bonbons listed. Individually they do not have ingredients nor nutritional information so I have to go by the name to see if they are safe for anyone to each. I checked their website and there is more information about each flavor there.

The bonbons or truffles themselves look lovely, don't they?


I decided that with 16-pieces, I was going to try one truffle/bonbon each day and then have this article go live. We haven't had a big response to this year's Halloween Treat Challenge so this was an ongoing treat for myself. Because it would make this article huge, I'm breaking this review down into three parts. This introduction, then half of the bonbons revealed in two follow-up posts.

You can build your own selection of truffles and bonbons and piece the type of message you want on the box here on Dallmann website. 

Comments

WriterLisaKaye said…
They're too pretty to eat. LOL!
They are pretty.
I and three Acolytes have been testing them out.