You Got Chocolate in My Vitamins

Mybite Vitamins Trio

A while back, someone emailed us from a company called Mybite Vitamins. They wanted to know if they could send us some samples to try out and then reveal to you all here. Why pick The Chocolate Cult for vitamins? Their vitamins are little pieces of chocolate with added vitamins and minerals. There are gummy vitamins so why not chocolate ones? After looking into the company a bit, I accepted. I was expecting a bottle of one of their products or maybe a couple if individually wrapped pieces so I was shocked to get these three full sized containers with a full one-month of pieces in each. No other form of compensation was sent to us in exchange for testing out the product and writing about it.

I gave each of the three types of Mybite Vitamins a 10-day test. Let me be clear: I cannot test the medical claims of the products, I'm not going in for blood tests to see if I'm getting more of each vitamin. This article will purely be about the pieces themselves and if they are indeed like little pieces of candy.

Mybite Vitamin Calcium halves

Mybite Calcium
was the first type I tried, testing it from September 23 through October 2. Inside the bottle I found an individually wrapped sample from the Energy line of chocolate vitamins. As you can see the pieces look much like candy or chocolates with a nougat like bottom and a caramel like top all covered in a chocolatey coating made with cocoa processed with alkali. They do have a chocolate scent and when I cut one open the scent of sweet also is there much like I'd expect from a chocolate that was nougat and caramel. It was easy to cut open but the pieces also held there shape as you can see in the photo. The flavor is more toward the cheaper chocolate candies and I think that is because of the ingredients lean heavily toward sugars and added oils versus chocolate and cocoa butter being the main ingredients. It isn't bad but I don't have to be worried about being tempted to eat more than the two pieces which are a serving. A serving should have 45 calories, 2.5g fat (1.5 saturated), 6g carbs (4 sugar), 20mg Sodium, 50mcg Vitamin D, 40mcg Vitamin K, 25mg Calcium, and 70mcg Boron (a type of calcium salt). 

Mybite Calcium vs Energy

Next I tried the Mybite Energy from October 3 through October 12. From the bottle this should look exactly like the Calcium pieces did but as you can see in the photo, the piece on the left is the Calcium vitamin chocolate while the one on the right is the Energy. This is interesting because the cocoa listed in the ingredients here is just plain cocoa powder and the alkali processing would darker the resulting product. Right in this photo we can see this difference. Please note, that the process of dutching (using the alkali) also would decrease the percent of flavanols which some studies suggest have a benefit when consumed. You take only 1 piece of the Energy bites so the amount of calories is 25. Each serving also has 20mg of Caffeine, 1.5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4g carbs (3 sugar), 8mg Niacin, 1.7mg Vitamin B6, 9.6mcg Vitamin B12, and 5mg Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5). Because this has so much Vitamin B in it, I wanted to stop taking my normal Vitamin B supplement for this ten-day stretch and I felt off after a few days so I went back to the other vitamins as well as this; had no negative side effects.


Finally, I tried the Mybite Hers from October 13 through October 22. This is also a 1-piece is one serving so the bottle has two full months supply. This has a lot of different vitamins in it so I won't list them here when you can follow my link to find that information. Each piece has 25 calories and is made using cocoa processed with alkali suggesting it will taste much like the Calcium version did in terms of the chocolate coating. This bottle also had a free single serving of the Energy variety inside. As you can see, inside are two layers -- the top is a sort of caramel with pieces of peanuts that is wider than in the previous two vitamin varieties; the bottom is a nougat like the other two varieties though here it takes up less space. Similar to the other two pieces, this one reminds me of a famous candy bar but a weaker version of it: Snickers. The caramel and peanut flavors build up but do not overwhelm the chocolatiness, only make it blend in with the other flavors.

I have zero way of evaluating the medical or health benefits of these three types of Mybite Vitamins. I can only tell you that over the course of 10 days of testing for each, I had no negative side effects. If you have tried these, I'd love to read your opinions so leave a comment.

Note: Each type of Mybite Vitamin in today's article has peanuts, milk, egg, and soy if you have any of those allergies you should not try them. 

Comments