A Little Milk Chocolate To Ease Your Sleep

Good Day Chocolate is another brand of personal care product that I was sent in 2020 to test out and write about via the Amazon Vine program that fit in perfectly with our mission here on The Chocolate Cult. If it has chocolate or cocoa, or is made from any part of the cacao tree, or can be used with chocolate in any form, we may cover it and do so as objectively as possible. This time we have their Milk Chocolate Sleep Supplement product that is supposed to help a person get to sleep faster and stay asleep for a better restful night. I don't know about you, but 2020 has been particularly difficult to my sleep patterns. I have always gotten 7-9 hours asleep but it hasn't been a solid period of sleep because I wake up multiple times a night. This product was sent to me for free in exchange for a review on Amazon; this article is a bonus and no other form of compensation was received for my honest sharing about my experiences with this product.

First, let me say that I have no  negative side effects from Melatonin which I just started using on and off in 2019. In fact, melatonin has been a necessity for me as 2020 has rolled on. This product has 5mg of Melatonin in each piece along with 12.5mg of chamomile flower extract. Each piece also has 18 calories so I don't think it really breaks the eating or driving before bedtime rules unless you are taking this by the handful. Don't do that, that much Melatonin is not healthy or safe. But one or two, depending on your body and mind reaction to Melatonin.


However, for me and my jaw/teeth health, using this product is tricky. I had procedures to realign my jaw and teeth a few years back. Even now I have two permanent retainers (upper and lower) as well as two sets of full trays to wear at least overnight every night. I've learned that I need to wear the trays around 10 hours a day for the best care. This makes taking this type of sleep aid a challenge. If I know I may need it, I have to put my trays back in during the day for a while or take them a half an hour before bed, eat these, and then reclean my teeth to put the trays back in. Chewing these were very easy so unless you have very loose teeth or fillings, don't worry about that. Isn't it odd that these have this internal bag?

Did these help me sleep? Yes, about as well as just taking 5mg of Melatonin does.

Comments