Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Before it gets too warm where I live, I wanted to make sure and cover another Ticket Chocolate Hot Chocolate on a Stick variety. The Salted Caramel is one of their standard choices so you should be able to find it easily on their website. I asked our Milk Chocolate Acolyte who also loves caramel and salted chocolates to help me out since we have been living together during this pandemic. I'll put his words in italics and add in my own comments as well. Ticket Chocolate sent me this product for free in exchange for sharing my (and our) honest experiences with the product; no other form of compensation was received.

I warmed up  the 8 ounces of skim milk for my assistant to try the product with and I also sampled some of it after it was mixed. You'll notice I've used the same mug in all of these tests because they are large and won't spill easily as we stir in the chocolate to melt.

The hot chocolate on a stick is an interesting gimmick. I found that it melted fairly smoothly into the heated milk, but it was necessary to stir it constantly for nearly eight minutes until it fully dissolved. (I didn't have a problem with the fact that it took time to melt; it let it cool to drinking level.)

The taste was perfectly acceptable for a hot chocolate, and above par for one that is flavoured; unlike others I've had, I could definitely detect the caramel (not that it was overpowering in any way). I thought that the balance between salt and sweet was excellently matched with the innate creaminess of warm chocolate milk. (I would have preferred the chocolate be dark since it was in milk, but this is good for milk chocolate and caramel lover. It wasn't as salty a I feared it would be which is a huge plus for me. As you can see above, my assistant didn't even register that it was salted. When you look at the hot chocolate on a stick photo below, you can see large flakes of sea salt on the top.)

Ticket Chocolate Hot Chocolate on a Stick, Salted Caramel

As I reached the dregs, the last few sips had a more bitter, slightly mocha taste that wasn't terrible, but which I did not really enjoy. I'm among the small percentage of people with a highly sensitive palate for bitterness however, so my reaction is probably not the norm. (I didn't get the mocha flavor but I can certainly see how left over caramel with a darker chocolate could be interpreted that way.)


If you have the patience and love caramel and salt with your milk chocolate, I say give this a try. It really depends on your personal flavor preferences but for the quality this is certainly Sacramental status and reasonably priced, too.

Comments