Jump on these Grand Truffles

Le Grand Bunny Truffle Trio

Western Easter falls on April 4, 2021; Orthodox Easter won't happen until May 2. If you are looking for chocolate gifts to help celebrate either Easter, Le Grand Confectionary has some bunny truffles you should check out. The brand sent me this box of three bunny shaped truffles to test out and reveal to you all today. I'll look at each in depth beginning with the white and ending with the dark chocolate. Before we dive into each one, let me say that these are big -- 32 grams (1.10 ounces) according to my kitchen scale and measuring 2.5 inches from nose to tail end, 1.5 inches at the width section of the base, and 1.25 inches from the base to the top of the ears. No other form of compensation was received in exchange for our sharing our honest experiences about using this product.

Le Grand White Chocolate Bunny Truffle
I'll start with the white chocolate bunny truffle with a dark eye and a milk chocolate tail. It has a strongly vanilla creamy scent to it. When I take a bite the shells makes a soft snap. I discover a creamy, vanilla and cocoa butter tasting center. The vanilla is so intense that it creates a bit of a tingle in my mouth. As many long time readers of this blog already know, I am not a fan of white chocolate so I had someone else who loves it and who I have safe access to in this pandemic, try it out. He loved it, he loved the depth of the real cocoa butter and the vanilla kick. So this bunny truffle is a winner for white chocolate lovers.

Le Grand Milk Chocolate Bunny Truffle
The milk chocolate bunny truffle has a dark eye and a dark tail. It also has a surprisingly vanilla scent when I pick it up but there is a hint of milk chocolate as well. The shell seems thinner than on the white bunny and it barely makes a sound. Inside their is a soft milk chocolate center that has a coffeelike taste to it that I was not expecting. I cleanse my mouth and try it again, this time, the center without the shell. This center is more of a deep caramel flavor that is neither sweet nor tangy, it verges on a intensely caramelized flavor. When I wasn't expecting anything other than a creamy milk chocolate, this added complexity was shocking but with each bite, I grew to like it more and more. However, that intense caramelize flavor lingered far longer than the milk chocolate itself.

Le Grand Dark Chocolate Bunny Truffle
The dark chocolate bunny truffle is the one that I've been looking forward to testing out. He has a dark eye which is a bit difficult to see in the photo but a white tail. This truffle has a dark chocolate fragrance to it when I lift it up and breathe it in. The shell is about the thickness of the white chocolate bunny and it makes a snap when I take a bite. The shell also immediately starts melting in my fingertips. The soft center is as dark as the shell, if not a touch darker in color. It has an intense chocolate flavor but also a hint of some type of dark berry that I can't quite identify. The darkness is unexpected and I start to get that cocoa buzz or chocolate buzz that some of us are lucky enough to get from quality dark chocolates that makes my eyes dilate and my senses sharper for a few moments.

Of the three, obviously the dark chocolate bunny truffle was my favorite. That won't surprise long time readers of The Chocolate Cult. I was impressed with the complexities of the white and milk chocolate versions, too, but those flavors just cannot compete for my love compared to a quality dark chocolate. If I could get nothing but Le Grand dark chocolate bunny truffles for Easter, I'd be thrilled! I'll give them Sacrament status to show how much I loved them.


Le Grand Bunny Truffles Trio on Egg Background

How many of you want to get this trio or a set of one bunny truffle variety for you Easter baskets?

Comments

Hi Tammy Jo and thanks for introducing me to Le Grand Confectionary of Sacramento, CA. I'd not previously hear of them. They have a lovely website, and their truffles certainly look tempting!
Your visit and comment means so much to me Doreen!

Le Grand and Ticket Chocolate sent us some goodies awhile back that we are almost finished reviewing. Last Easter piece will be next Saturday.