Add Desserts to Essential Oils Menu

We only cover products that are related to chocolate in some way here on The Chocolate Cult. Essential oils use the oils from plants to recreate their fragrance so a chocolate essential oil must do the same, right? The ingredients aren't listed, so this review is a bit of a leap of faith. Today in honor of July 11th's International Essential Oils Day, I'm going to be sharing my experience using the Asakuki "Mom's Dessert" essential oil box which contains six fruit, spice, and chocolate scents that we might associate with desserts we grew up eating or which we make ourselves. I was sent this box via the Amazon Vine program in exchange for agreeing to write a review on their website; this article on the blog is an unexpected bonus for them. No other form of compensation was received for sharing my experiences with the product.

Asakuki Mom's Dessert Essential Oils

Of the six bottles, three are plants (Apple, Cherry, and Chocolate) so I know that each could be used to get essential oil materials from to use. However, three fragrances (Pumpkin Pie, Brown Sugar, and Gingerbread) are not plants so what are the ingredients. Unfortunately neither the box nor the inside information listed any ingredients. 

Primarily we are concerned about the Chocolate essential oil so I'll only cover that indepth today. As soon as I opened the bottle, the scent of chocolate syrup hit my nose. The built in dropper required shaking to get it to work. The oil seemed thicker than many essential oils I've been using over the past year. I put 3-4 drops in my water diffuser and it filled my office and then the upper floor of my house with the smell of chocolate syrup. By a syrup scent I mean that it was strongly chocolate but completely reminded me of a syrup I'd put on ice cream and not of a solid chocolate bar or cocoa powder. That makes since because this is a liquid.

I also used the essential oils on cotton balls to see how well the fragrance transmitted. It was a nice thing to tuck into a corner but the scent only spread to a very limited distance. It also made items around it smell like the bottle's label so don't put it in your sock drawer unless you want your feet to smell like chocolate syrup, cherries, or gingerbread for an hour or so. I would urge caution if you have pets or children because the scent may tempt them to try and open the bottle or eat your clothes. The fragrance did not make me hungry and actually the chocolate one because it was so syrupy scented, kind of turned me off of eating chocolate while it was diffusing into the air.

Without an ingredient list, this cannot be in the running for Best of 2021 here on The Chocolate Cult. I do think it could make a cute gift for yourself or a loved one who is into essential oils or thinking about experimenting with them. I found that I could make unique flavors by adding drops of different dessert bottles into my diffuser; that didn't work so well on cotton balls.

Comments