Is Bigger Better?

Today is Peanut Butter and Chocolate Day so to honor that as well as share a freebie I got, I'm going to do another Peanut Butter Cup Showdown! We'll start with the basic Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and then compare it to the Big Cup and the Potato Chips Big Cup varieties. One of these candy I got for free at Kroger, I'm going to call it the Potato one since I've never tried that before. Usually I compare two peanut butter cups, but today it will be a trio, the two big versions compared to the original then to each other. You ready? Let's get to enjoying these Reese's cups!

What I'm expecting is that as the size of the cup increases, the intensity of the chocolate will decrease because most or the size difference will be with the peanut butter mixture. 

Original Reese's Cups have the most calories at 210 per pair of cups. The peanut butter mixture is quite sweet but still has a roasted flavor to it as well. The chocolate is noticeable but fade quickly. Look for the Peanut Butter Cup Showdown label on this blog to find cups that have much stronger chocolate.


Reese's Big Cup has 200 calorie but while it looks bigger in terms of size comparison with the original, it has 0.1 ounces less of candy. The flavor of the peanut butter mixture is different, too, it is less sweet, more creamy, and less roasted in flavor, oddly this let the chocolate coating come through a bit more than I expected.


Reese's Potato Chips Big Cup makes a loud crunch as I cut through it. Can you see the pieces of potato chips inside? This has 180 calories because the chips take up space. This was as crunchy with each bite as the cutting suggested it would be, but I expected a strong salt flavor which never came. Instead the peanut butter mixture was much the same as the other big cup variety.


Which did I like most? The Original still. If they had dark chocolate versions of this, I'd love to test those, too.

You tell me what your favorite of these three styles of Reese's peanut butter cups is your favorite and why in a comment.

Comments