Snack Pack Could Go Beyond Birthdays

While this snack pack is labeled as a birthday gift and you'll see that it comes equipped for that use, it actually could be a great gift for any snack lover. As the school year approaches, I thought I'd take the time to check out how valuable it might be for the chocolate lover in your life. I was sent this Sweet Choice Birthday Gift Basket Care Package for free in exchange for writing a review of it on Amazon via their Vine program. This article on The Chocolate Cult is an unexpected bonus for the sellers which I did not receive any additional compensation for sharing my experience with you all today. I will receive a tiny amount of money if you follow the links to the products to buy it.

Let's look at the birthday part of this gift package. There isn't much to look at, the outside of the box I got wasn't colorful. There was a simple postcard inside but I don't know if that represents what you'd get if you ordered it or I just got a basic one because I was reviewing it. Finally there was a silicone bracelet that said "Happy Birthday" on it.


The snacks were suppose to include 60 individual pieces and I got more; 66 when I counted it and added it all up. To be fair, the Twizzlers required 4 pieces to equal one serving so that would lower the number a bit, but still more than 60. That's a bonus! I didn't get exactly what I saw in the product page so don't be surprised if what you get is different -- biggest disappointment for me was no Reeses anything. Mott's Fruit Snacks and individual Twizzlers were the largest brands represented at 8 pieces each while there was a single Golden Oreo 2-pack and one Wild variety of Takis tortilla snacks. the caloric value for each individual snack item varied greatly, too, from 30 for one Twizzler to 290 for the Takis.

But you come to The Chocolate Cult for chocolate, so let's focus on that.

Sadly, only four of the eighteen snack varieties were chocolate. I can't fault the product too much for this because it isn't promoted as a chocolate lovers gift. Let's look at what was included.


Keebler Fudge Stripe Mini Original cookies are in a 2 oz (56g) bag with 280 calories for each bag. Two of these snack bags were part of the package I received. As you can see, there is a fair amount of little cookies in the bag, each with the expected look of the regular sized treats. These are crunchy, buttery, and sweet with bursts of the chocolatey coating that I've never thought tasted much like fudge, but which I like nonetheless. The size makes this a fun snack to eat and easy for smaller hands to hold. While you could grab several and inhale these in just  couple of mouthfuls, I found it more fun to nibble one at a time. 

Famous Amos Chocolate Chips Bite Size Cookies are a 2 oz (56g) bag with 280 calories of snacks inside; that's the same amount as the Fudge Stripes snack covered in the previous paragraph. Three of these bags were included in the package I received. Each bag has 9 cookies which feels like a great size for a snack or for part of a lunch. If you have had the Famous Amos brand before you know that their cookies tend to be a touch sweet and very crunchy; this was both. The brusts of chocolate when I met one of the ample chips was nice and not too hard. I buy this brand often, but when I do, I'm never disappointed. 


The package included two Chips Ahoy! 2-cookie packs with 110 calories total in the 0.77 oz (22g) bag. As you can see, one of the two cookies was broken into several pieces. That happens in the big packages of Chips Ahoy! so I won't complain about that for this gift option. These are larger in diameter than the bite size cookies before but not as thick; they make a softer crunch when you bite into them and with each chew. These are not as sweet as the Famous Amos in terms of the cookie part but the chocolate chips are sweeter when you bite into one. The amount of chips also seems less.


Three Oreo 2-cookie packs at 0.78 oz (22g) with 100 calories were the final chocolatey snack. One of the cookies in this pack was also cracked but not as badly as the Chips Ahoy! probably because the white stuff holds the cookies sections together fairly well. These are regular sized Oreo cookies which means 2-3 bites or one entire cookie in your mouth depending on how you like to eat them. You can even separate them and lick out that white stuff. These are exactly as you'd expect from Oreos.

Each of the four chocolatey snacks were the same as their original size versions. They were all fresh tasting and in fairly good shape. For chocolate lovers, these are ten snacking pleasures to enjoy or five school day or work day lunches to pack.

I can't recommend the Sweet Choice Birthday Gift Basket Care Package for chocolate lovers, but for a general gift for a snack lover, particular one who packs lunches for school (or work) this might be a fun way to introduce variety to them at a decent price (much less expensive than a vending machine). If they are a picky eater or have food allergies, this is not the item for you.

Comments