Healthier Snack Gift Box

2022 is the year of gift boxes it seems here on The Chocolate Cult. I don't mean boxes of chocolate but boxes of variety treats that you can enjoy yourself or send as gifts to others. Perhaps the pandemic encouraged this or just the fact and more people are moving and thus can't see each other face-to-face. Would the Healthy Snack Box from Sweet Choice Gifts be a good option if you are looking to send healthier snacks as a gift so someone? Today we're going to look at their 30-count option and see how much chocolate is included and healthy over all the snacking is. I received a few box of this gift via the Amazon Vine program in exchange for writing a review there; today's article here is an unexpected bonus. No other form of compensation was received for sharing my experience with you all.

The first thing to note is that there were only 29 not 30 snacks items in the box. The items included also varied quite a bit. There were no Quaker Chewy bars which would have had chocolate and thus only one item, a Kind Minis, had chocolate at all. I can forgive the different snack items because of supply chain issue that are impacting everyone in 2022, but not including 30 items is not something I can forgive. I counted twice and asked another person to count as well; each time we got 29 not 30 items. There was a phone number to call if you had a problem, but honestly since I only get free products to test and I don't paid for these reviews, I was not comfortable reaching out in a way that also gave my information to this company. I wish there was a way to contact the brand on Amazon itself and then only on that website.

Let's look at the one chocolate healthy snack that was included in this gift box: The Kind Minis in Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt variety. There was a caramel almond variety, too, but it didn't have any chocolate. Since I've had the full-size Kind bar in this variety before, I knew what to expect and this was exactly as I expected it. Is it healthy? If you consider Kind bars to be healthy (I'm torn on that question myself) then this is a lower calorie variation of them simply because they are smaller.

Are the other snack items "healthy"? That entirely depends on what you are substituting them for because yes there are certainly less healthy treats and snacks you could eat. Ultimately it is a matter of moderation, something we urge here on The Chocolate Cult, unless the product isn't good then you may want to just avoid it. Each of the snacks in this box were fine depending on your personal tastes. I wish they hadn't shorted it by one item and there was greater overlap between the items shown on the product page version what actually arrived. A note even just one sentence on the postcard included to say "we've had to substitute some items" would have been thoughtful of the brand. I did appreciate how quickly this arrived and how loosely packed the items were so that nothing broken during delivery.

Comments