Can this Snack Bar do Dark Chocolate Right?

Today we are going to look at a snack bar that claims to be keto dieting friendly. While no one in my house currently follows this diet, products made for it can be good if you are trying to cut back on sugar intake in general. The quality of such keto products vary a lot, having had several that were deeply disappointing, I'll confess that I don't high hopes any more for most foods marketed with "keto" listed. If it has chocolate or cocoa or any part for the cacao tree, we will test it here on The Chocolate Cult. The CanDo Keto Krisp Dark Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Keto Snack Bar is one of six flavors you can find on Amazon. Four of the six are chocolate varieties, but this flavor is their newest so we were set a box of them via the Amazon Vine program to test out and review on that site. This post today on The Chocolate Cult is a bonus for them. No other form of compensation was received for sharing our honest experience with this product.

The first thing I note about this bar is that is has a lot of potential food allergens you need to be aware of including: tree nuts (almonds and coconuts), peanuts, and soy but may have traces of wheat, eggs, milk, and what it calls "shell and/or pit fragments" which sounds unpleasant, right? One bar has 190 calories primarily from saturated fats, 20% of what you should have a day according to the FDA. The bar has a greasy sheen that I could feel on my fingertips when I picked it up, too. You can see the nuts along the edges of the bar which measures 2.75 X 2 X 0.5 inches. When I smelled the bar, I primarily got almonds, chicory, and then chocolate. The bar is much firmer that you may think from the photo, it made a loud crunch when I bit into it and continued to crunch with each chew. The initial flavor was almond and chocolate but the artificial sweetener erythritol and the stevia along with the chicory was overwhelming by the end of just one bite. I didn't want more. As for the sea salt flavor, I barely got that which is better than too much salt, sure. It took several minutes to get rid of this flavor from my mouth and tongue and I could only manage to eat 1/6th of the bar.

If my review didn't turn you off and you are still interested in checking this product out, use our links to find it quickly. Remember that we are an Amazon Associate so we get a tiny amount for bringing this product to your attention.


Comments