Do Chefona Organic Breakfast Biscuits Bring the Chocolate

The folks at Chefona Foods claim that their Mini BIO Munchies Organic Breakfast Biscuits are a YES across the title question. Let's test them and find out if this brand might be something to add to your breakfast routine. September is National Breakfast Month so in honor of that, I'll be covering breakfast related chocolate foods. Not all of them will be great or even good, but I hope to find at least one I can recommend to you. These Chefona biscuits make a lot of claims you may be interested in: gluten free, fairtrade, GMO-free, and lactose free. They aren't particularly healthy in terms of being low in sugar or high in protein, but for folks with certain allergies or conditions like Celiac disease, these are important considerations. I don't have any of those needs myself so we'll be testing these on our normal scale of full-sensory experience. I got these three free boxes of the biscuits from the Amazon Vine program in exchange for a review on that site, this article is a bonus; no other form of compensation was received for sharing my experiences using the product.

Three biscuits equal one serving and there are three servings in a box. Each serving is 170 calories, mostly from a mixture of carbohydrates. These are thin, measuring at about 1/8th of an inch. Surprisingly, the chocolate fragrance was fairly strong given the number of chips I can easily see. The dark chocolate is third ingredient on the nutritional facts list and it is made from cocoa mass, cane sugar, and cocoa butter so it is real chocolate. There is a mixture of flours used, oat and corn, but when I took a bite, I didn't get a strong flavor of either flour. The biscuits were not hard to bite into but they made a long crunch with each chew. The chocolate only came through when I bit into one or let one melt on my tongue; the scent was stronger than the flavor. The biscuits dried my mouth out even before I finished one of them so have a beverage on hand.

Since there is no nasty aftertaste or intense sweetness, I enjoyed eating these. I would have prefered a lot more chocolate chips to increase the flavor which varied between the individual biscuits. While these don't earn Sacrament Status because of the lower chocolate flavor, they aren't bad and I would recommend them for chocolate enjoyers who don't need intensity. 

Comments