Can Truvani Live Up to the Claims and Taste Good?

Truvani is another brand of snack bars we got to test out and write for you over this summer. 2022 was the Summer of Snacks! Truvani is a brand focused on creating gluten-free, organic, and vegan snacks,  protein powders, and personal care items. While no one in my house follows those diets specifically, if it has chocolate, cocoa, heck, any part of the cacao tree in it, we'll try it on this blog. Unlike last week's disappointing snack bar, I'm hoping that The Truvani Only Bar has two chocolate varieties; we were sent the Mint Chocolate one to test and review through the Amazon Vine program. Today's article on The Chocolate Cult is an unexpected bonus. No additional compensation was received for sharing our honest experience.

One of bars measures 3.5 X 1.5 X 0.5 inches and has slightly oily sheet that is sticky to my fingertips. It looks like it should be fairly soft to eat which it is when I take a bite. The immediate flavor is chocolate, then mint, then a fruity flavor I can't say that I'm fond of at all. Oh, that's dates, which I had for the first time earlier this year here on The Chocolate Cult and I loved them then, not now. The cooling sensation lingers as does the date flavor but the almond comes through in the end, the chocolate never returns. Given that I can't even smell chocolate in the bar, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The seven ingredients used in this Only Bar are simple but if you have food allergies there are triggers here: almonds, dates, maple syrup, cocoa, cacao nibs, sea salt, peppermint oil. Given that both nibs and cocoa powder are in this bar, I really should have gotten that flavor but it is not there.

This isn't as bad as last week's Saturday Sacrament, but it isn't good either for chocolate lovers and that really disappointed me. The 230 calories in one of these is more balanced between nutritional values and I was really hoping I'd love it. Remember if you follow any of our links to this program that we are Amazon Associates and we will receive a tiny amount of sharing this product with you using direct links.

Comments