Need Help for World Sleep Day 2023?

March 17 will be 2023's World Sleep Day.

In honor of that, I want to share my experiences with a sleep boost product called Slumber Party, which I received for from via the Amazon Vine program. I wrote a review of my experience on that website, but today I'm going to go more in depth for you all here on The Chocolate Cult. This Love Sweat Fitness brand product is a powder that you are supposed to mix with liquid and then drink some time before you go to bed. It should help relax and calm you down so you can get a better night's sleep. I used this during a convention I attended because I often find it a challenge to come down from the activity during the day (panels, workshops, readings, selling books, talking with people, etc) and I really do need my sleep over night. I hoped that this product would improve my sleep. Did it? Keep reading to find out.

The first problem with this product was the frustration of just getting it open at all. If you have trouble sleeping or know that you are going to have trouble, do you really want the inside lid to split into two pieces when you try to peel it back? I didn't. There I was, in my hotel room and this happened. I had to get out a big pair of scissors (which I was lucky to have on hand) and puncture it so I could peel off the inside lid piece by annoying piece. This is an avoidable problem if you just make the lid have a pull tab, which this did not have at all. Also, yes, you need the inside lid to be on firm but not this firm, use a little less adhesive please.


The next problem was finding the scoop that you are supposed to use to measure out the powder. Where was it? Buried deep inside the powder. Getting it out cause a loss of some of that product and made a mess in the process of digging that plastic thing out. The powder itself looked similar to cocoa powder, which is should since that is an ingredient and the reason we are reviewing it at all. By this time, I'm quite riled up, far from ideal for getting sleep. But there was another problem: How much liquid do you use per scoop? The jar does not say. It could be two ounces, eight, twenty, who knows. That makes a difference in terms of the resulting flavor and texture of the drink. As you all know, text and flavor are important factors to enjoying anything chocolatey. It also matters because this is supposed to help you sleep, and not getting clear directions is frustrating, the opposite of getting good sleep. By the time I had to drink it, I was so frustrated that I doubt anything could have helped me sleep.

I tried this product three nights in all. Each one hour before I was going to try and sleep. It didn't help at all. It didn't taste good and the texture just wasn't as smooth as I want a beverage to be. I can't recommend this at all.


Comments