Should they put the Puff into the Reese's Cup?

May 18th will be National I Love Reese's Day; a fun food holiday created by the Hershey's company back in 2010 to give a boost to that brand of candy and to all us Reese's lovers. You know I love Reese's because I have an entire series of posts comparing various peanut butter and chocolate cups that begins with and always goes back to Reese's. Today I want to share a new variety of their Big Cup version that includes pieces of their Puff cereal. I was sent a free box of
REESE'S STUFFED WITH REESE'S PUFFS CEREAL Big Cup via the Amazon Vine Program in exchange for writing a review on that website; this article is a bonus and therefore I got not further compensation for sharing my opinions. Though if you follow any of the links to the product, I'll get a tiny fee as an Amazon Associate. The box photo the right doesn't do the product true justice because it was big, including 16 cups. You can find Reese's Big Cups on sale from time to time, but the price per cup when you buy this box of them is much better than the average price I've seen in shops where I live.

The cups do not look anything like the box suggests. Note that I really couldn't see the two colors that the cereal comes in (we are familiar with Puffs cereal in my house). Nor were the pieces easy to see because they are small compared to the photo.


How did they taste, feel, etc, when we ate them? The crunch from the puffs was quite centered as you may have guessed from the previous photo. The ratio of milk chocolate candy to the peanut butter and the Puffs was as you'd expect, the peanut butter flavor won out hands down. That is the case for the Big Cup that I've tried before. As a chocolate lover, I'd prefer more of that versus the peanut butter. The big Puffs lover in my house liked these a lot, he said they smelled just like the cereal and tasted much like them, though he was also disappointed that the crunch wasn't as evenly spread and the pieces were clearly smaller. 

If you are huge fan of that cereal, I think you will enjoy these a lot.


Comments

Sidhechaos said…
I always thought rice crispies might be good in a peanut putter cup (like the nestle crunch bar) I'm not sure about cereal though.
Thanks for commenting, Sidhechaos. Reese's seems to be trying everything with their candies these days. Some are good, some are meh, I guess really depends on if you like what they add and how evenly spread out it was.
Anonymous said…
I'm not a huge peanut butter fan, but for the different texture, I'd give these a try.
Interesting. So even though I say it tastes more like peanut butter and you aren't a fan, you'd still try it for the texture?