Must Love Bananas

I don't know about all of you, but where I live, we've been having "summer" since some days in April. With The Summer Solstice less than a week away in the Northern Hemisphere where I live, I am not looking forward to more humidity and heat. Now is the time to find cool and even frozen chocolate goodness. I don't know it you have heard of Diana's Chocolate Covered Bananas, but I got a coupon to try a box of these for free and I wanted to share my experience with them. The coupon came with the expectation that I'd leave a review on the website Social Nature (I did) and no other form of compensation was received.

First, I want to say that the product is expensive for the amount of chocolate covered bananas you receive. I'm fully aware of the cost of bananas and chocolate both, and I do value the work of humans, but still, if a brand wants to sell something like this, they really need to consider the price for 2.5 bananas! On the other hand, if I got one of these directly from human hands in a parlor or cafe, the price per treat might be a good buy depending on where you live. There has to be a middle ground so everyone wins.

Now let's get to how these look and taste.

You need to love bananas because as with many freshly processed and frozen fruits, that flavor is strong. The milk chocolate is thin so while you get that flavor, it quickly blends with the banana and is overpowered by it. I tried some of the chocolate alone and found it a touch too sweet for my personal taste; I'd like to try this with a dark chocolate but that wasn't available where I found these in my town. Eating it off a stick was fun until I hit the stick itself then it became a bit of a challenge that is common to all such foods-on-sticks.

I did like these, but the price really gave me pause since I'm the only person in my family who would eat these. I found mine in my local Kroger grocery store. You may also find them in Walmart, Fresh Thyme, and IGA stores.

Comments