Sparks in the Sky, Sparks in Your Mouth

Ah, if you live in the USA, the Fourth of July is fast approaching. While this product I was sent to test out isn't directly related to that national holiday, it is called Warren Brown's Sparks Bites so I thought it would be fun to share it with you today. I was sent the Chocolate Chip variety to test out and then review on Amazon via their Vine Program; this review is a bonus and no additional compensation was received to sharing my experiences with the product with you on The Chocolate Cult. Remember if you follow my links, your cost will not go up for the product, but I do get a tiny amount as an affiliate.

Before we get to what I and a couple of testers thought  of this, let me talk about other matters first. The Chocolate Chip is one of six flavors you can buy this product in, the only one with chocolate or cocoa powder at all and the only one I'd classify as "sweet" in any sense, the rest are more spicy or savory. These are promoted as "healthy probiotic snacks" and so I tried them during a period when my stomach was churning and my digest tract was grumpy to see if they would help. I am not a medical doctor, so I can't really comment on how well this did. I can say that this has a lot of ingredients and many of them may be allergens for you as they were for other members of my household. Yes, these may not be the most common allergens, but still people get allergic to things. The potential allergens are not listed separately so you'll need to read through the list carefully to find them all. These are not cheap, more than $5 USD per 

My main question about these was if I would be able to taste the chocolate chips or cocoa powder given all of the seeds and fruits inside. These are soft but not moist, they kind of look like sugared brownie bites, don't they? The scent is a generic fruit and that is basically the flavor as well. If I ate these in a blind taste test, I wouldn't say this was chocolate or cocoa anything. My two co-testers had mixed feelings about these, too; they agreed that they tasted fine but not chocolatey. That's deeply disappointing.

Maybe you will like them, but for The Chocolate Cult, these miss the mark.


Comments