Are Protein Heavy Sweet Rolls Any Good?

Specifically I'll be looking at one brand of prepackaged sweet rolls (also called cinnamon rolls in many places) that I was sent two varieties to review. Their claim to fame is the amount of protein, 20 grams, per roll, and lower carbs count. I'm sharing this brand with you today because October 2nd will be National Cinnamon Roll Day. We'll focus on the Chocolate flavored first since this is The Chocolate Cult. My family loves cinnamon rolls so I'm open to trying all different types and makers as long as they do not include tree nuts of any kind; asking me to keep sweet rolls from my hubby with that allergy would be the equivalent of torture and I'm not doing that for him, especially when I all I get for my articles like these are just free samples of the products to test. The two Legendary Foods LLC flavors of Protein Sweet Rolls were sent to me via the Amazon Vine program where I was wrote a review; this post is a bonus and I received no other compensation for writing about my experiences with these products. Let's see if including a lot of protein in a sweet roll ruins the flavor or is undetectable when you eat one.


We'll start with the Chocolate Protein Sweet Roll first. I tried it two ways. Right out of the wrapper it had a doughy texture and flavor, the chocolate was quite similar to a thicker chocolate syrup, more sweet than I like. The sweetness in the entire thing was overwhelming to me, too. Then I followed the directions on the package; follow the directions, folks, you'll be glad you did. Heating one of the rolls in the microwave for just 10 seconds improved the texture of the roll, melted the frosting a bit, and made eating it at least 40% more enjoyable.

Legendary Chocolate Flavored Sweet Rolls

These are certainly not the best sweet rolls, chocolate covered or not, that I've even had. Even among the prepackaged shelf stable variety these are slightly below average unless you microwave them as instructed, which brings them up to average. It is really up to you how much you want to follow "keto" and eat average tasting food.

Comments