Extra Crunchy Monster Cookie is Really Granola



I've reviewed to Bakery on Main granolas in the past for all of you. Today I'm reviewing a third, one that has chocolate but is not focused on chocolate. Their Monster Cookie Decadent Granola was given to me in the form of a coupon for one freebie bag via the Social Nature group I'm part of. In exchange I was to write review on that website and Tweet about it; today's article is a bonus. Since I received no other form of compensation, I'm going to be 100% honest as I always am with you all.

Have you had a "monster cookie" before? Monster cookies should have a certain flavor and these are fairly close to them. Usually this type of cookie is a basic dough that you add several different treats to like candies, baking chips, and peanuts. This has mini chocolate chips, but sprinkles and almonds instead; luckily the almonds didn't overwhelm the other flavors. I really missed the mini-candies in this because that would have added more chocolate.


About half the bag was this roundish nuggets while the other half was loose granola. It is very crunchy and dry; both expected qualities of granola in my experience. The resealable bag is nice, but once you open it you'll want to eat it relatively soon since, at least in my house, it seem to attract moisture and lose some of the crunch.

In terms of chocolate, I wish there was more here, so for our purposes on The Chocolate Cult, it doesn't reach sacrament status. In terms of granolas that I've had, this ranks quite hit because it delivers a taste quite close to the title: Monster Cookie.

Comments