The Way to My Heart Summer 2023

This post has been a while in the making because a friend of mine who is also one of my Patreon subscribers sent me 15 chocolate bars that she found while traveling in the spring of 2023. I'm not doing a deep review nor will I link to the companies because these cost her money, but to honor her I want to share them with you all. I ate them over the course of several weeks and also shared them with friends and family. I'm sharing person but I'm also trying to do weight management now to improve my health so sharing is better than eating all the calories myself.

First here is the entire selection. I have heard of a few of these brands but not all of them, none of these have been written about in any way here on The Chocolate Cult. Companies who wish to be featured need to reach out to me to make that happen.


The Neuhaus bars are from a brand I had heard about before. Of the three, the Milk Chocolate Crunchy Caramel was my favorite only because I'm not a huge raspberry fan and I actual hate coffee (my friend didn't know those facts about me until recently) so I shared them with a couple of our Acolytes. The dark chocolate almost overcame the raspberry but not enough for me; the white chocolate had no chance against the chocolate and coffee inside.

Neuhaus Bars

Of the four Loiza bars, from Puerto Rico, folks, I shared coffee one without Coffee and Alcohol Acolyte. The Goat Milk Chocolate bar was the most unique of the four, but unless it is insects (I draw the line at eating things that look like bugs as well as are made of bugs) I give it a shot. It was extra creamy but good. I'm saving the 97% bar to use in a recipe when it isn't so darned hot and humid.

Loiza bars

The three Coco Bars from were flavors I wanted to keep to myself. As you can see, they are part of "The Art of Chocolate" brand that I'd love to learn more about. My friend found them at the St. Louis Art Museum which I visited back in 2016 I believe. The museum I do volunteer teaching has a cafe that used to carry some chocolates but not this brand so I'd never tried these before. Of course, I loved the sea salt dark chocolate the best. The tea bar was too much tea so I shared it with my hubby who loves tea.

Coco: The Art of Chocolate bars

The two Forteza bars, picked up during the giver's Puerto Rican trip, were also in flavors that I wanted to enjoy entirely on my own. First, the spicy was so intense for me that it brought tears to my eyes, but it wasn't a bad feeling either. The Passion Fruit wasn't nearly as sweet as I thought it would be and I really liked it.

Forteza Caribbean Chocolate Bars

The three solo bars included a Corte coffee flavor that I shared with our Acolyte while I enjoyed the two others primarily on my own. The Latier Chocolate was also from Puerto Rico and I really loved the surprising intensity of the 55% bar that was still quite smooth. The the wrapper with all of the floral images is from Amuse Mints Sweets and Snacks was found at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens which I have not visited; it was certainly dark and salty, but not much caramel flavor.

Three Different Brands Bars

I want to say THANK YOU to my Patreon* subscriber and friend for these bars from her trip. If any of the brands here would like to be featured on this block for a full sensory review of their creations and links to their websites and individual product products plus a email interview to introduce them to the world, please reach out to me and we'll make that happen.




*Note: My patreon page is NOT about chocolate though I do mention it from time to time. It is for fans of my fiction, non-fiction, and alt sexuality education.

Comments