Pancakes Quick for Breakfast

 


Have you ever wanted pancakes fast? While I dream of having a kitchen large enough to have one of those automatic pancake makers that I see in hotels, a microwave variety might also work. Three of Good Wheat's Quikcakes varieties – Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Confetti, and Buttermilk – each have cocoa powder as an ingredient; the chocolate variety also has semisweet chocolate chips. Let's see if these are worth your money and your mouth. I received four free boxes of the Good Wheat Quikcakes free via the Amazon Vine program in exchange for writing an honest review on that website; this post is a bonus for the brand. No other form of compensation was received.


We'll start with the Chocolate Chocolate Chip because you came to The Chocolate Cult for a reason, right? I followed the directions exactly and the resulting quick cake was fluffy, not dry, not too dense, and relatively easy to remove from the bowl. It had a strong cocoa scent but the taste was much weaker than expected or wanted; when I got chocolate chip the flavor improved. It was sweet, there are 12 grams sugar, which are nearly balanced out by the amount of fiber at 11 grams. I used one of our larger single serving bowls and as you can see the resulting breakfast filled it well particularly when you know this was only 190 calories. I didn't think it needed any syrup or added ingredients, but you certainly could add those. The weakness of the flavor was disappointing, so I wouldn't crave these though I'll certainly eat the other four packets in the box.


Since the other two varieties use cocoa powder more for color than flavor, I'm simply bringing them to your attention.

Your desire for chocolate flavor may be different from mine, I am the Chocolate Priestess afterall. If these microwavable (or griddle made) mixes sound like they would help you out remember that using our links gives us a small bonus as an Amazon Associate.

Comments