Does this Nutrition Bar have the Zing?


The brand is Zing but when I got this I wondered if it would have enough of a chocolate "zing" to make it on this blog. Before I share what I discovered, let me get the legal stuff out of the way. I know, I know, you all find this boring, but the FCC requires, folks. I got a cash back offer for free bar of Zing from Walmart via the Social Nature network in exchange for reviewing on that site; no other from of compensation was received for sharing my true experiences with the product with you all today. Now let's find out if the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Zing lives up to the name.


When this nutrition bar says it is plant based, I was worried it might contain ingredients that I'm allergic to so I carefully looked at the ingredients before I agree to accept the offer. I didn't see anything I was allergic to, but if you have tree nut allergies, steer clear. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th ingredients are all chocolate in some form – dark chocolate, cocoa butter, and cocoa powder. One bar is one serving and it has 230 calories. It also has a lot of non-cane or beet sweeteners so I was concerned about how this would taste.


The bar was covered in thin dark chocolate coating. Inside you can see peanut butter, pieces of peanuts, and some tiny dark pieces... I wondered if that was mini chips because that wouldn't list on the ingredients. Before I broke it open, it has a dull chocolate smell but as soon as the inside was revealed the peanut scent became dominant. Sadly this didn't make any sound when I chewed it, not even the peanut pieces or the chocolate pieces crunched when I bit. The chocolate flavor is really only there in the beginning then the bar tastes like a roasted peanut butter than becomes more creamy and sweet. That is bad but it certainly isn't great.

This variety is just one of eight that are offered by this brand in their regular bar size. The Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter that I tested I wouldn't buy again at the over two dollar price, but if you can get it free like I did, give it a try if you really like roasted peanuts.

Comments