National Chocolate Eclair Day

Today, according to some fun calendars in the USA, is "National Chocolate Eclair Day". To celebrate I tried an eclair from the Bakehouse, a restaurant I mentioned last month who offer this amazing chocolate dipped cheesecake.

Regardless of what I've felt about one product or a restaurant in the past, you know your Chocolate Priestess always uses all her senses and a clear mind to evaluate everything as fairly as possible. The last chocolate eclair I had was from Dunkin' Donuts so I'll compare this fancier one to that earlier one I revealed.

At first glance these may appear smaller but in fact while they are shorter they are much thicker. The chocolate on top melted on my fingertips and the taste strongly suggests this is a purer cocoa which I expect from the Bakehouse. By the end it also provided a gentle buzz. The pastry itself was very flaky and buttery tasting, almost melting in my mouth. There is less of the cream filling but it is also thicker than the Dunkin' variety. Sadly it is also tasteless. Frankly I want to know why chocolate eclairs have anything other than chocolate in them but when they do, I want it to taste like something even if that's vanilla.

The Bakehouse eclairs are more than two times the Dunkin' price so I expect them to be more than two times the quality. The chocolate and the pastry are undeniably better but the cream center is certainly not. So, Sisters and Brothers, figure out what matters most to you in your chocolate eclair and then consider getting one, just one, moderation remember to mark this day.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the Midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST.

Comments