15 Chocolate Walk Stars



For the past 13 years, I've shared information about a nearby charity event called The Chocolate Cult. This annual event, which will mark its 15th year in November 2022, benefits the Brown County Humane Society in Nashville, Indiana. They sold out all of their tickets for this event within weeks. Normally, I'd post one article about the event every month, for four months in a row, but since the event has sold out, I'm only going to share this article with you to highlight some of the stars of this charity walk.

The number of stops, shops and restaurants that give out some chocolate related treat to each walker, has changed over the years. Sometimes the number of stops has been close to only 20 while in other years it has been near to or even over 30. That matters because the time you have to walk, seven hours, has not changed. Brown County like much of Indiana in this part of the state is hilly and Nashville is hilly within the village limits where the majority of the stops are located. Look! A preview map I as given by the BCHS folks to share with you all.


Check that out! 39 stops! Whoa! I'm telling you folks who were lucky enough to get tickets to make sure you wear layers and sensible walking shoes. Plus give yourself an extra hour to make the full rounds.

Of all of the shops, only eight, that's right, 8, have been there every single year. I want to thank those stops for your support. A couple of these shops, we've interviewed and written about before. When we have, I've included a link to that for you to read.

          Artist Colony Inn

          Bone Appetit Bakery

          Candy Emporium

          Hobnob Corner Restaurant

          Jack & Jill Nut Shop

         Nashville Candy Store

         Nashville Fudge Kitchen

         Carmel Corn Cottage

I will not be walking this year, but our Coconut Acolyte will be attending, so I hope she'll be able to give us a report afterwards. Let me know if you got your tickets and will be going to the 15th Annual Chocolate Walk in Brown County on November 12, 2022, and what you hope you'll get out of the experience. I hope you all have fun.

Comments